Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Guest post for Suma Rowjee of Cakes and More

This is the very first time I am doing a guest post and its for the baking queen, Suma of Cakes and More...
I was really very honoured when she asked me do it, but also very nervous. She has the simplest and the most challenging bakes on her blog. I really didn't know what what I could make, that wasn't already there.

Then this recipe came to my mind - its an easy cake that is really moist and has a lovely flavour of dates. My aunt in Cambridge has this huge collection of recipes, especially related to baking. I picked this one since it seemed simple enough, though very delicious and moist, and I had all the ingredients on hand

banana date cake1

Suma is a huge inspiration for the baking that I do, especially breads. It was from her list of baking supplies in Bangalore, that I manage to get some beautiful instant yeast, that works so well. This post on GFA was especially useful and it introduced me to a store thats so close, and I didn't even know of its existence. Its on my list every time I visit Bangalore now.
I tried her no-knead bread to make a simple everyday multigrain bread and she is also the inspiration behind the stuffed aloo buns, which remind of of Bangalore so much

We met up last summer and it was fun chatting up about work, kids, cooking. Felt like I'd known her for a long time !
It thundered and poured the day I made this and it seemed like such a perfect weather for some hot tea with cake

banana date cake quarters

Thank you Suma for letting me do a post on your blog. It is such an honour.
Hop over here for the post

3 comments:

Prathima Rao said...

Always in love with your cakes & baked dishes..And this lovely, moist cake is no exception!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Unknown said...

Hey what a lovely cake! I do hop over to Cakes n More sometimes and Suma sure has a lovely collection of recipes. I can understand that slight hesitation of recipe selection when some one has such a flair for baking :))

kankana said...

Love the idea of adding date. Will give this a try. Lovely guest post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin