Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peppery Egg Curry

It was one of those cold boring evenings and my little son was asleep and TH wasn't back from work. This is always the best time to go blog-hopping. I always used to read up recipe books like a novel when I buy them, but now since I discovered the food blogging world, that is the best thing to do when I am bored and can't decide on what to make for dinner.

I hadn't made anything with eggs in a long time and was drooling over Sig's blog when I saw this pic of the Egg Roast. Her blog is a real visual treat and this I really couldn't give a miss.
I tweaked the recipe a bit, added some coconut milk so that it could go well with rice. It turned out real nice, peppery and spicy and was wiped out clean for dinner.

Here's my version - Peppery Egg Curry


What you need -

4 eggs
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
8-10 pepper corns
2 tsp aniseed
1" cinnamon
3 cloves
2 pods cardamom
4-5 pods garlic
3 medium onions chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste

What you do with it -

Hard boil the eggs. Shell and cut in halves.
Grind together the chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper corns, aniseed, cinnamon, cloves, garlic with a little water to make a smooth paste
Heat oil, fry onions till brown
Add the masala paste and fry for 3 mins
Add tomatoes, salt and half a cup of water
Cook till the tomatoes blend well
Add coconut milk, stir well and adjust salt if needed
Add halved eggs.
Garnish with coriander leaves

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

will try the egg curry today. aloo was great. put up more recipes. why have you stopped? at least one new one every week.

Anonymous said...

Egg curry definitely looks interesting. That's next on my 'try out' list

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin